It’s Nobel time! Hands up: how many of you have checked so far the official website of the Nobel Foundation called Nobelprize.org? And please try to recall how you usually found out who won the particular Nobel prizes in the past years.
This year the first announcement, for the Nobel Prize in Physiology or Medicine, will be made on 6 October, that is tomorrow. The folks at Nobelprize.org created a list of cool alerts around the Prize Announcements this year and here’s what my inbox detected out of this:
- RSS Feed. Sign up to the 2008 Nobel Prize RSS feed and receive breaking news of the Nobel Prize Announcements and links to exclusive content, such as interviews with the new Nobel Laureates and summaries of the Nobel Prizes, as it appears on Nobelprize.org.
- News Widget. With the news widget , you can discover the names of the 2008 Nobel Prize Laureates on your website, blog or social network. Get the easy-to-add code that will allow you to host the 2008 Nobel Prizes widget.
- iGoogle Gadget. Download the Nobelprize.org iGoogle gadget to discover the identities of the 2008 Nobel Laureates.
- Live Web Casts. All announcements will be broadcast live on Nobelprize.org (except for Peace which is announced in Oslo and for which the video footage will be available after a short delay).
- Twitter alerts. Our Twitter feed lets you keep in touch with the Nobel Prize Announcements using the web, through SMS alerts on your phone, or instant messenger services.